- 10 Questions about LGBT Sex Ed, because a parent has the right to know, and the right to choose…
- M.S. Research Project: Not Just Sonic-Pi in the Sky
- Reformation 2.0
- Sew Electric, Sew Fun!
- Have a Piece of Sonic Pi!
- Fire up your Innovation Engines! A book review and a reflection
- More Mag, Less Blog: The Art of Music Practising
- My Mag Article: The Maker Movement is Transforming Education
- Hack your Play-Doh with Squishy Circuits!
- Program your holiday sweater!
- Design Thinking: Final Thoughts, Looking Ahead
- Design Thinking Stage 4: Reflection
- Design Thinking Stage 3: Prototyping—-It’s a Marshmallow World!
- Storify of #Designthinking interview with Dr. John Nash
- Design Thinking Stage 2: Ideation
I’ve Organized My Musings
Vivian’s Favourite Musings
Coetail Grad Badge
Coetail Coach Badge
What is Coetail?
Coetail stands for “Certificate of Educational Technology and Information Literacy”. It is a postgraduate level certificate issued by the State University of New York, Buffalo (SUNY) that signifies in-depth training in the pedagogy and understanding of technology integration in the school classroom, using the SAMR model.
Vivian @ChezVivian is a Canadian-born Chinese, currently living in Switzerland. She has also lived in Hong Kong and Indonesia. She holds a M.S. (focus: Educational Technology Integration), B.Ed and a B.A. and graduate studies in Kodály and Orff music pedagogy. She is an elementary school classroom generalist, but has also taught as a music specialist, ESL/EAL and also in Learning Support. Most of her teaching career was in International Schools in Hong Kong. She is excited about the IBPYP and the possibilities of using technology to Inquire. Recently, she has been looking at the opportunities that computer programming gives to put #TECHXture back into the hands of children. In other words, technology need not be just about looking at screens. It can be about building things with our hands; and computer programming levels-up what children can do with the things they build—encouraging higher thinking skills. She is a Coetail Post-graduate Certificate grad (’13-’14), a former Coetail Coach and one of the co-founders of #CoetailChat. Her blog home chezvivian.coetail.com curates her assignments for Coetail and her M.S. graduate studies about Educational Technology integration and anything else educationally-related that she feels inspired to write about. Her twitter tagline sums it up: “Mom to 4, Mentor, Educator, Musician (in that order)”.
Globe Counter since February 2013
Tag Archives: IB
Whether or not you believe that sexual orientation is fluid, static, not a choice, a choice or an equal choice for your child, —YOU, as a parent have the inalienable right to raise your child according to your family’s values, … Continue reading
Thinking More Deeply about the Role of Technology in the IB Programs, ECIS Ed Tech Conference Munich 2015
On Sunday March 22, 2015, I attended a session at the ECIS Ed Tech 2015 Conference entitled “Thinking More Deeply about the Role of Technology in the IB Programs“. The speakers were Pilar Quezzaire from the IBO, Alan Preis … Continue reading